April 14, 2005

●Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-tune [Part II]

As promised here are a few more pictures from the Z-tune test drive.
zz1.jpg
zz8.jpg
zz9.jpg
zz6.jpg
Front blistered fenders
zz10.jpg
zz4.jpg
Powerful yet compact Brembo 6 pot front calipers
zz3.jpg
Gearbox and rear A-LSD cooler. Notice the rear carbon diffuser has been ditched.
zz2.jpg
Same LED rear lights used in the 2002 GT-500 GT-Rs...(I'm beginning to like these!)
zz5.jpg
Nismo Z2 RB28 GT engine. Unfortunately Nismo have no intention of selling that nice and chunky titanium strut bar
zz11.jpg
Chassis number 001
zz12.jpg
Rear boot compartment gets the carbon treatment. Only weighs 2Kg
zz13.jpg
And finally the interior. Red alcantara inserts are an obvious link with Nismo and hold your rear end glued to the seat during fast cornering. Leather might be Connolly but already showing sings of wear, far too shiny and slippery for my liking and not very tightly upholstered around the seats. No idea what's going on with the steering wheel, alcantara trim was good for grip but the rim is far too thin (reminds me of the rim in a FIAT 500!!) Stereo is a 2 DIN unit and looks like its been taken from a 1991 Nissan Gloria. I guess Nismo thought it would be stupid to waste money on a good headunit when its the first thing people cahnge on cars.
zz14.jpg

Posted by dino at April 14, 2005 12:46 AM
Trackback URL

Trackabck URL of this entry:

Comments

Awesome review man. Just saw the post you made on freshalloy. I'll spread the word for you.

Posted by Steven at April 14, 2005 01:32 AM

hey, is it possible for u to send me your beautiful shots in a larger resolution? i would love for you to allow me to use ur photos as my background.

where else is it possible to see ur work? i love the photos u took of the R34 blue one with z tune front bumper

you photography skills are amazing

cheers

jason

Posted by Jason Chiu at April 14, 2005 08:01 PM

ciao dino amo le macchine giapponesi e ti invidio da matti ho visto varie tue foto di skyline, evo ecc. e poi questo mese ho visto su elaborare le fantastiche foto dell'evo 9 mi faresti un gran favore mi manderesti via e-mail delle foto dell'evo 9 ti ringrazio

Posted by luca at May 31, 2005 11:30 PM

Hi there, great job on the photography! I was wondering if its possible to get a higher res version of the Z-tune pictures for deskstop purposes.

Cheers,
Julian

Posted by Julian at October 3, 2005 12:16 AM

As Jason has stated, your photgraphy skills are amazing. I couldn't agree more. Would you be able to send me your beautiful car shots in a bigger resolution? Particularly of the two bayside blue R34's by Top Secret and the HKS Driving PerformerR34. I'd say i've pretty much fallen in love with it.

Keep up the great work,
Akhil J.

Posted by Akhil J at October 6, 2005 05:00 PM
Please post your comments.

Save this data?